Thank you for your interest in ordering from our company. Please note that we are a "To the Trade Only" company - we do not sell directly to retail customers. If you are a retail customer please contact us and we will gladly connect you with a designer in your area that can help you get a fabulous piece of custom furniture!
For Design Trade Customers - please start by setting up an account using our online form This ensures we have all the right details about your business and provides us the info we need to validate you as a Design Trade Professional.
How do I order from Barnes Custom Upholstery?
REQUEST A QUOTE
For standard items from our catalog, you can sign in to the website to see pricing. Many of the items will also have a Tear Sheet that you can download which shows multiple versions of the frame style you have selected along with a chart of most common customization options.
To either customize an item from our catalog or to order a unique design, please send us your request and we will send back an estimate to perform the work
The Quote/Estimate that we send you becomes the Work Order for our craftsmen to use in building your furniture - they do not have access to any other communications that you may send including conversations, emails, photos, etc. Therefore it is imperative that you review this Estimate carefully. Once you approve the Estimate -the furniture that is built is yours to keep!
THREE ORDER REQUIREMENTS
- To accept / place an order, three things are required:
- A written purchase order. This can be a signed copy of our estimate or generated from your own system.
- A completed COM form with sample of fabric.
- A deposit check for 50% of the total.
Mail all 3 items to: Barnes Custom Upholstery, 677 Southwest St.; High Point, NC 27260
Be sure your order includes:
- Any deadlines or delivery expectations
- Selection of stain color / finish
- Selection of any nail trim or casters
- Ship To address
- Phone number for us to call with any questions
- Reference of our estimate, if applicable
After I have confirmed my quote what is next?
Once we have received the "magic trifecta" of signed order, COM and deposit you will receive an email advising you that your order has been "Released to Production." This simply means that we have everything we need and your order has been placed into the queue for production.
For most orders the first stop in production is the frame shop and the wait to get into the frame shop is long - it can be up to 6 - 7 weeks. But once your order clears the frame shop you will receive a second email with that information. Once the frame is complete, most orders are ready to ship within a few weeks depending on the complexity of the order.
WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT LEADTIME?
The timeline for your custom upholstery begins once we have received all of the required items. Your furniture is generally ready to ship within about 8 weeks. Please note this does NOT include shipping.
Keep in mind that some complex items may take longer. We will notify you if we encounter serious delays. Some simple catalog items are often completed in less time.
Due to COVID-19 we have, on occasion, experienced delays in receiving raw materials from our vendors. We are therefore advising our customers to allow for an additional one to two weeks in their planning.
DO CUSTOM ITEMS TAKE LONGER THAN CATALOG DESIGNS?
In short, no. Complex items, like tufted, curvy pieces or large sectionals have a tendency to require more time. Simple items, like headboards and ottomans often move through the process more quickly.
Don't hesitate to customize or personalize an item thinking that it will incur longer production times. Catalog items might move slightly quicker but not enough to affect the overall lead time. The benefit to the designer is that catalog items (those on our website) have lasted the test of time and comfort and often cost less than their one-of-a-kind counterparts.
Can I customize an item from the Barnes Catalog?
Can I submit my own design to be built by Barnes Custom Upholstery?
Absolutely! Building bespoke furniture is key to the Barnes' brand. We work with designers every day to turn their designs into beautiful furnishings.
What happens to the leftover fabric after order is completed?
When will production begin on my order?
Orders will move into production upon receipt of ALL of the following:
- Purchase Order Confirmation
- 50% Deposit
- Selection of Finish (if applicable)
- All Fabric(s)
- All Decorative Trim(s)
How will I receive my furniture?
Does Barnes do reupholstery work?
- Our goal is to have all orders ready to ship within 8 weeks however during busier times of the year that timeline can stretch by a couple of weeks - please plan your installations accordingly
- Timeline does not include shipping and delivery
- Timeline starts once we receive signed Order, Deposit and the last piece of COM
- Any details not specified on the Purchase Order are up to the builder's discretion including dimensions, shape, form, fabric placement, etc.
- It is assumed that upon receipt or approval of an order, customer has read and agrees to the Terms & Conditions listed on this website.